We have won two Awards !
We are pleased to announced that our two Bed and Breakfast apartments have won Awards from two organizations. We have won the awards for the “Best of B and B” from citysearch and we also won the “5 star Award” from the Yelp search site.
Coming to town for fun? Use the B & B as a base from which to see all its wonderful sights. By car, taxi or bus the many museums of Chicago and magnificent shops of Michigan Avenue are just minutes away.
Benedictine B & B offers a comfortable, spacious apartments within the grounds of a real urban monastery. Monks have been welcoming travelers for centuries and you will be given the same warm welcome by the monks of the Monastery of the Holy Cross. We also have some reviews from the Chicago Tribune.
We have two apartments.
The Garden House apartment and the Loft apartment.
1) The Garden House has 2 bedrooms, a Large Living room and Dining room, Deck overlooking a private Garden, full kitchen, bath, fully air conditioned, TV/DVD, free off-street parking and a Fridge stocked with fresh fruit, milk, orange juice, hash brown, sausage and other breakfast items. Breakfast is selfserve anytime you want it !
2) The Loft apartment has 3 bedrooms [2 double beds and 1 single bed], kitchenette, dining room, living room, bath, fully air conditioned, TV/DVD, private entrance, free off-street parking the Monastery’s lot. Delightful breakfast prepared fresh by the monks each morning. Our menu items include hash browns, fruit dishes, piping hot muffins, pancakes smothered in hot Michigan maple syrup and more. Breakfast is included free with the Loft apartment.
We are located at the corner of 31st street and Aberdeen Street
3111 South Aberdeen Street Chicago, Illinois 60608-6503
$180/night, 1 or 2 adults
$40 for each additional adult
$25/night, for teenagers 16 and over
Children under 16 are free
Go to the bottom of the page to make a Reservation
We take Visa, Mastercard, American Express
About the B and B location
Located just south of the Loop in one of the famous, old neighborhoods of Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood. This is a booming neighborhood with many of the riches of its ethnic past (Irish, Italian, Polish, Lithuanian, Croatian) plus the diversity of the new residents (yuppies, Chinese, Hispanic) ; minutes to downtown, the Magnificent Mile and Gold Coast, the Loop, shopping, business and financial districts, museums, entertainment, beaches, Comiskey Park, McCormick Convention Centers, sports facilities, Chinatown, Greektown, Merchandise Mart, major hospitals and health centers,
The University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, Loyola University, DePaul University, Chicago Theological Union, Illinois Institute of Technology
Shrines of St. Francis Xavier Cabrini, St. Jude, St. Joseph and Our Lady of Pompeii, Holy Name Cathedral
Conveniently served by public transportation
- CTA buses and the Orange and Red CTA train lines
- Midway Airport, 20 minutes away
- Amtrak and Greyhound stations, 15 minutes away
- O’Hare International Airport, 45 minutes away
- Chicago/Gary Regional Airport, 30 minutes away
- The B & B is located 1 mile west of I 90/94 (Exit 54) on 31st Street,
at the corner of 31st and Aberdeen Streets.
- Nearby neighborhood restaurants include: Italian, Lithuanian,
Greek, Chinese and Mexican.
- Please, no pets. No Smoking allowed
- To make your reservation on line, click here.
- Or contact the monks directly:
- Call Toll-free in USA: 1-888-539-4261 extension 202
- Chicago and International: 773-927-7424 extension 202
- Fax: 773-927-5734 (24-hour dedicated fax)